THE HONG KONG MINIMALLY INVASIVE BRAIN & SPINE NEUROSURGERY CENTRE
NEUROSURGERY is a highly specialized surgical subspecialty that involves i) medical treatments ii) physical treatments iii) interventional or endovascular procedures and iv) minimally invasive microsurgeries for treating a very wide spectrum of clinical conditions and diseases that happen at our BRAIN and SPINE. Among all, treating STROKE and PAIN are the basics of Neurosurgery daily practices.
In the other words, NEUROSURGEONs, with their knowledges and trainings, together with their sophisticated micro-instruments, utilize their operative skills under the microscope, they treat wide spectrum of clinical conditions and diseases that happen along human nervous systems and its surrounding tissues; skull, spinal column, vessels and related tissues.
The followings are the summary of the common routines in Neurosurgical Practices:
- Head trauma and brain injury
- Brain tumors and Pituitary tumors:
- Stroke: both Ischemic and Hemorrhagic strokes
- Neuropathic Pain Treatments and Functional Neurosurgery:
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Glossopharyngeal neuralgia
- Hemifacial spasm
Microvascular Decompression (MVD)
- Spinal Tumor
- Spinal Trauma:
with or without spinal fracture, spinal cord or nerves injury.
- Minimally invasive decompression +/- fixation spinal surgery for spine stabilization.
- Spinal Herniated Disc:with numbness, pain, weakness at arms or legs, sciatica pain at legs.
- Spinal injection and radiofrequency treatments for discogenic back pain or sciatica pain at legs.
- Microdiscectomy for freeing the impinged nerves
- Mini-decompressive Laminectomy for freeing the impinged spinal cord or nerves.
- Spinal Stenosis at neck or lower back: with spinal cord or cauda equina nerves compressions, causing pain, numbness, weakness at arms or legs, disturbed gait, disturbed urinary habit and bowel habits, disturbed sexual function.
- Degenerative Spine Disease: with back pain, nerves compressions, spinal instability or scoliosis:
Minimally Invasive Spine Fusion Surgery under Microscope:
- Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF)
- Obliqu Lumbar Interbody Fusione (OLIF)
Among all Neurosurgeries, minimally invasive spine surgery (MIS Spine Surgery) are the microsurgeries that Neurosurgeons most commonly perform among their routines.
For all spine surgeries, Neurosurgeons apply their knowledges of nervous system and spinal column, and also their microsurgical skills and techniques, together with their micro-instruments of brain surgeries. Sometimes, Neurosurgeons may also add the technique of Continuous Intra-Operative Neural Monitoring (IOM) to monitor the nerve signal transmission function along brain, spinal cord and nerves during surgery, so as to assure patients’ good neurological outcome in spine surgeries.